Please see the latest vacancies at Merlin Business Software below.
Our software business has a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard working and technical minded individual to join a team of experienced engineers and carry out a diverse and interesting role. The successful candidate will be joining the company at an exciting time as our hosted solutions continue to grow considerably, with the business now focusing on integrating with AWS in order to expand the scope of our infrastructure solutions. The successful applicant will report directly to the IT / Engineering Manager and will need to be able to work as part of the team, whilst still possessing the ability to work under their own initiative. The role will be predominantly office based, but there may be occasions where short overnight stays are to be undertaken in various parts of the UK. The company will provide prepaid accommodation combined with a subsistence package as and when required in conjunction with a hire car for the trip.
The role will involve the provisioning, configuration and monitoring of our hosted solutions. Monitoring the infrastructure will be a key part of the role, following up any issues with a pragmatic approach. There is also the opportunity to assist with the research and development into new solutions, which may lead to implementation. A good understanding of vSphere, vCentre management, networking technologies and basic storage protocols (iSCSI, NFS) are essential. The successful candidate will require good communication skills, with the ability to translate technical information in a professional manner to our customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Remote IT Support
- Server hardware and operating system fault maintenance to meet pre agreed SLA’s.
- Creating Windows Domains.
- Installing Linux Servers.
- VmWare at various levels.
- Working closely with the Senior infrastructure engineer daily.
- Liaising with the Project Management and Training department in relation to cloud installations.
- Liaising with suppliers and third party maintenance companies.
- Networking skills
- Good Linux (RHEL, CentOS) and / Good Windows Server (2003 – 2012)
- VmWare vSphere management, deployment and configuration
- SQL Database Systems exposure (PostgreSQL a bonus).
- Storage solution configuration exposure.
- vCOPS / vROPS
- Command line experience, Bash, PowerShell, vCLI
What will you get in return?
- The ability to be involved in many areas of IT not just limited to OS or hardware solutions.
- Opportunity to add to the business, the flexibility of the engineering department allows ideas to become solutions.
- Joining a business that has been established for 40 years and growing.
- Benefits packages including
- Up to 25 days annual holiday
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- Death in service insurance package.
- Sports & Social Club
If this appeals to you and you would like to join an expanding IT department with diverse challenges, apply now.