Merlin’s Applications for Android™
Acknowledging the increased adoption of Mobile technology in the workplace, we’ve developed applications to allow your workforce to work smarter and more cost effectively, at both the trade counter and when working remotely:
- Merlin CRM for Android™
- Delivery Van Routing for Android™
- Trade Counter Signature Capture for Android™
Continue your tour of Merlin and take a look at it’s other fully integrated optional modules.
Explore Merlin Modules
Stock ManagementEasily action, track and update stock movements between suppliers, depots, locations and customers.
Sales Order ProcessingCreate sales orders and quotations quickly and easily via the web, trade counter and back office.
FinancialsFully integrated Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledgers
Purchase Order ProcessingOptimise stock levels with Merlin's Suggested Purchase Orders feature, based on live data.
Contact ManagementComplete solution for customer, prospect and supplier management.
Merlins DashboardGet an at-a-glance, personalised view of your business's performance, in real time.
ReportingChoose from a suite of predefined reports, accessible from within Merlin or create, share and schedule your own.
System ControlCustomise Merlin to suit your business, without the need for bespoke modifications.
Optional ModulesHandle more of your business processes with our comprehensive range of optional modules.
Merlin CRM for Android™
Enable your sales force – Up-to-date customer account information whilst on-the-move or out of the office:
- Take orders electronically and stream them back into Merlin, with no duplication of order input and for immediate picking
- Find a customer’s address and plot the route on Google™ Maps
- Click to dial the customer or individual contact from within the App, providing the device has calling capability
- View contact notes, purchase history, quotes, past invoices and account status prior to or during a meeting
- Update contact notes in real-time, ensuring all information is available company-wide
Delivery Van Routing for Android™
Complete solution for your delivery drivers – Download the delivery schedule, plot the route on Google™ Maps Navigation, send delivery updates and have customers sign for their deliveries electronically.
- Enter the vehicle registration and date of route – The App will then download all drops, including lines and quantities for that particular route and day
- Map out your route using Google™ Maps Navigation – Instantly plot the entire route, with live traffic information, without the need to input any post codes manually
- Call the customer in just one click – Click the telephone icon within the delivery record and dial straight out from the device, providing the device has calling capabilities
- Send SMS alerts – Create a library of SMS alerts to send to your customers i.e. Your ‘Merlin’ order will be with you within the next 30 minutes
- Drill down into individual orders – Select individual orders to confirm delivery by line or complete delivery of the entire order in one click
- Take a photo of damaged items – If any item is damaged at point of delivery, the driver can photograph this using the devices onboard camera and attach it to that particular line
- Have customers sign for the delivery electronically – To complete the delivery have the customer sign for the goods on the device and have the image stored against the order, back in Merlin’s POD module
- Geo Tag Data – Captured for reporting and analysis
Trade Counter Signature Capture for Android™
Live Order Information – Display orders line by line and capture electronic signatures at the trade counter.
- Show each line ordered, an image of the product, the quantitiy ordered, the total line value and a running total of all lines ordered to the customer in real-time.
- When the app isn’t displaying orders, you can upload four promotional images to advertise your latest offers, sale items and maybe even your new click and collect feature on your website.
- Capture an electronic signature at the trade counter, which is then automatically attached to the delivery note/POD.
Request call back:
It is nine years since we decided to go with Merlin and we have been extremely happy with our decision. Merlin has proven to be a major success for us due to its modern and sophisticated features and its speed and ease of use. The continual improvements and enhancements made to Merlin reflect customer’s requests and Merlin’s willingness to provide and develop these within the software. We have an excellent relationship with the Merlin team, whose experience and knowledge, both of Merlin and our industry; have been key factors in our continued success with Merlin.
I’ve been very pleased with the implementation of the system since the outset and the way that Merlin have provided the services so that Dougfield only have to worry about on-going success of the business and not the system. I that there is so much scope within Merlin that will provide even further benefits and advantages – I’ve found the Merlin multiple depots feature has helped improve the management of our branches. The kitting module has also been a useful tool as we build bathroom ranges and provide standard packs for contract bathrooms as well as retail customers. The regular software updates that Merlin provide free, as part of their support policy have been very beneficial as new features are made available and this also ensures that the system does not stand still unlike our previous system. In particular I’ve found the reliable, efficient and friendly support team have provided an excellent and satisfactory service.
The totally integrated system provided by the Merlin Business Software which includes sales order processing, stock control, with full traceability, and manufacturing has enabled us to move forward with the speed required to enable us to achieve the certification needed for our future business development. We continue to work closely with Merlin, developing the software to mutually enhance our business along with the Merlin System as a whole.
How has Merlin helped your business grow?
Merlin has allowed us to better define our activity in a number of market places. When we were purely servicing the fasteners it was a very narrow and bespoke field, we had to learn as we go with that diversification, and the quality of information we have been able to extract from Merlin has allowed us to act upon and grow into new places.
What are your favourite Merlin features?
The elements of Merlin we have particularly appreciated as a business are it’s a very simple package to pick up. It’s a very intuitive learning curve for new staff joining the business. Being a small family company and not having a dedicated IT department, or training HR department it’s a very important asset in terms of cost and how easily it integrates new staff into the business.
Equally there are other benefits within its functionality that we found very much a time saver. There is an import facility that allows us to bring pricing in from our suppliers in the form of csv or excel documents, which allows us to update and constantly stay on top of prices changes, which was a very manually intensive process prior to introducing Merlin.
We are delighted we chose Merlin Business Software as we find everyone at Merlin to be friendly, helpful and professional and we have built up a excellent working relationship. We also have no doubts that as our business grows the many features within Merlin Business Software will be more than capable of meeting our future requirements.
Merlin suited the company’s need in 2000 and continues to do so now. Improvements to the system over the years have reflected customers’ requests; certainly things that we wanted to see added are now all there. Merlin Business Software also offers excellent support and backup. Our business has grown significantly over the last 4 years and Merlin has kept pace. The host operating system and overall Merlin environment have also been tremendously stable, giving the impression of a mature and well proven system.
The ease of use, adaptability, reliability of Merlin Business Software makes it an efficient system; and from the company’s perspective allows instant viewing of sales figures and clients to increase efficiency in the business.
After being badly let down by earlier IT suppliers we were naturally hesitant about making a significant commitment to another solutions provider. However, our fears were unfounded as we quickly found Merlin’s staff to be very friendly and willing to help us address all areas of our business. It is clear today that we are a more focused and efficient company since we have been running the Merlin Software – looking back we wondered how we coped without it!
As a builder’s merchant with a wide variety of products and customers, a computer systems ability to handle a variety of stock information and complex pricing structures is key to our business. The Merlin system demonstrates this, in a fast and easy to follow way, meaning we are able to process orders both quickly and accurately. As we have grown and expanded as a business, we have required Merlin to be developed with us, and we have not been disappointed.
Our existing software package had served us well over a number of years but had become dated and was not going to meet the demands and requirements made on a modern system in today’s business environment. We looked at a number of different systems and companies and were given confidence in Merlin’s personnel at all levels being both accessible and able to handle data transfer, system implementation, on-going support and training issues. The Merlin system itself addressed key areas such as point of sale and stock control, providing a database operating platform which we felt would be an extremely important, user friendly tool to work with and enhance our business both today and in the future.